|Contact||Coach Dan Davis
Like to run, jump or throw? Try Track and Field! The Saint John Vianney CYO Track and Field team is open to boys and girls in grades 2 through 8 who like to move.
Registration for the Season:
Registration opens - January 14, 2019 and closes March 13th 2019
In Person Registration - January 29th- 7:30 to 9:00pm at Sports Basement, Walnut Creek
Once registered - you can pull out up to March 13th with a full refund. // After March 13th there will be no refund.
1. Required Registration
- Registration Packet- The Parental Permission/Health Authorization /Release form
- Team fee with uniform: $100 per child (if the child needs a uniform, the team purchases the uniform for the child)
- Team fee without uniform: $70 per child (this is only applicable for returning families if the family has a uniform from the 2017 and 2018 seasons) Make check payable to: SJV CYO Track & Field
- End of Season Coaches gift - $20.00 per child. Make check payable to: Malena Castro - SJV End of Season Planner
- Meet Volunteer Commitment Deposit - $150 per child participating in Meets. Make check payable to: Andrew Abranches - SJV CYO Team Coordinator
- Please mail all forms and fees to:
Attn: SJV CYO Team Coordinator
273 Firestone Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
- Fees can also be handed in at practice and at team information session.
3. Parents Information:
Grades 3-8: Full Participation in practices and meets
Grade 2: Eligible to participate, will compete with other 2nd graders in Practice meets, For qualifying meet and beyond will compete as 3rd graders.
Grade 1: Eligible to participate in practices only. In addition one parent is required to be present during the entire practice in case the first grader needs special attention.
Parent Volunteer Participation is a requirement for participation on this team.
The volunteer commitment is the following: Working Two Full Practice Meets (Meet goes from 8:30am - 2:00pm) per child participating. If a family has more than one child in the program then it is 2 full Meets for the first child and 1 Meet for every additional child.
Volunteer Coordinator will not be handling any student volunteer payments. A list of students interested in acting as volunteers will be provided to the parents. The parents will work with the students directly. A suggested amount for covering one full meet of volunteer shifts is $50.00.
Wednesday and Sunday Practice: Practices will begin on February 20th, 2019 at 5pm-6:30pm, Northgate Track.
Location: Northgate High School Track, 950 Hutchinson Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Time: 5:00pm - 6:30pm, this is subject to change over the course of the season to adjust for longer daylight hours.
February 20th - 5:00 - 6:30pm
List of Events:
Relays (4x100 and sprint)
High Jump (5th-8th)
Shot Put (5th-8th)